March 26th 2013 CE report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chief Executive report to Board for 26th March 2013[edit | edit source]
1. For Decision:[edit | edit source]
- 1.1 Surplus cash.
- The first tranche of the FDC grant has been received. We need to decide where to place it for good returns. I recommend that JD, RS & GD are delegated the task of investing these funds.
- 1.2 Annual awards – to proceed or not?
- 2012 UK Wikimedian of the Year.
- John Byrne, for his work getting Wikimedia UK Charity Status
- Rock drum, for his work with the GLAM sector and with the GLAM newsletter
- James Forrester, for organising over 50 Wikimeets in the UK
- 2012 GLAM of the Year
- Derby Museum and Art Gallery, for helping launch QRpedia codes in the UK (and worldwide)
- Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, for fully embracing the Wikimedia movement, releasing content, and holding regular events
- National Maritime Museum, for releasing thousands of historical records of ships under the CC-BY-SA licence
- 2012 Educational Institution of the Year
- Oxford Internet Institute
- University of Bristol
- Cancer Research UK
- 2012 Honourable Mention
- Geograph Britain and Ireland
- Lvova Anastasiya
- Richard Power
2. For information:[edit | edit source]
- 2.1. Train the Trainers
- We will be starting a review of the Train the Trainers scheme in April.
- 2.2 Signatures on wiki
- A risk has been identified here, as some trustee signatures have been uploaded to the Office Wiki in the process of scanning invoices for trustee review. No new signatures of trustees being are uploaded, and we are looking for systems to avoid all signatures being uploaded. We have asked for trustees to identify any documents that need redacting. The risk is seen as low, as the office wiki is relatively secure.
- 2.3 Update on thefts from cloned cards. Most of the missing funds have been returned by the bank – the rest are being chased.
- 2.4 Altering Daria's Job Description to reflect her new duties. No financial implications.
- 2.5 Annual report and audit: We are awaiting numbers from accountants, and are informally assured by them that all is going well: "much better than last year". We are also awaiting sign-off on the Chair and CE paragraphs.
- 2.8 Ongoing matters
- QRpedia – press release imminent
- New staff. Katie Chan and Toni Sant have started. Jonathan Cardy starts on 3rd April.