Talk:Minutes 2008-11-10

From Wikimedia UK
Revision as of 16:31, 31 July 2014 by Richard Symonds (WMUK) (talk | contribs) (Richard Symonds (WMUK) moved page Talk:Meetings/2008-11-10 to Talk:Minutes 2008-11-10)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Some corrections:

  • Bank account: AT will ensure that MP has a paying-in book.: should have been on TH
Yes check.svg Done - thanks.
  • TH to collate and send on to bank.: append "when ChapCom approval received"
Yes check.svg Done - I hoped this was obvious, but it's good to be clear.
  • AGM: "TH may be able to get a venue for the AGM at Manchester Metropolitan University. TH to investigate further, with a decision on venue to be made closer to the time." should have been me, with "University of Manchester"...
Yes check.svg Done - thanks; that'll teach me to finish the minutes at 02:00!

Mike Peel 09:32, 11 November 2008 (UTC)

Further comments:

  • "HMRC guidelines suggested paying 20p/mile for travel by bicycle"

Apologies I should really have explained this better. The HMRC rates are not really suggestions - we are free to pay whatever rates we choose but the HMRC will only allow payments tax-free up to these rates.

  • Bank account

Could you also add an action for me that I will arrange for a copy of the Mem&Arts to be certified and sent to TH.

  • Timetable review - "AT to apply to HMRC"

I understood this was to be delayed until after ChapCom have confirmed they are happy with our constitution.

  • Secretary's Report - "There was no report under this heading"

Sorry to be picky but could you say "There wsa nothing to report" instead - makes it sound like I was being lazy!

Thanks AndrewRT 19:57, 11 November 2008 (UTC)

P.S. Excellent job getting the minutes out so quickly! AndrewRT 19:57, 11 November 2008 (UTC)

HMRC guidelines - do you not think that is a fair summary? I understand that it's not strictly a recommendation, but thought this was close enough for a brief description.
I think the difference is that if we say it's "recommended" rates then we may be infering that the Board said without realising they had the discretion to agree another rate. If you think that's not a problem I'm happy to leave.
Bank account - was this action discussed at the meeting? If so, I'm happy to add it.
I thought so. Looking back at the IRC log I see:
Nov 10 20:42:30 <AndrewRT> Tom emailed me regarding the Mem&Arts ...
Nov 10 20:42:44 <AndrewRT> I've arranged to get a copy certified by an accountant friend
Nov 10 20:42:59 <AndrewRT> we'll sort it tomorrow and then shall i send to sfp?
Nov 10 20:43:04 <AndrewRT> cfp?
Nov 10 20:43:30 <cfp> great thanks a lot
We later agreed that:
Nov 10 21:10:00 <cfp> i'll sort out the signatories page privately with andrew later.
So perhaps that should be: "AT will arrange for a copy of the Mem&Arts to be certified" or similar
Yes check.svg Done, thanks. Warofdreams 18:54, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
Timetable review - yes, I hope this is clear from the preceding sentences. Would you like to propose an alternative form of words?
I see now, no problem.
Secretary's report - done - I like that form of words. Warofdreams 13:30, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
Cheers. AndrewRT 19:14, 12 November 2008 (UTC)