Jump to navigation Jump to search
Recognition on Linkedin
- I think it's worth doing and for it to work, volunteers will need to have a member of staff as a connection. My own profile is here. Richard Nevell (WMUK) (talk) 14:22, 28 April 2017 (BST)
- Cool. One issue we may have is that recommendations on Linkedin, as currently configured, have to be from someone you know through work or education. To be more specific "volunteer experience" is separate from "experience"... and "experience", without the work "volunteer" in front, is usually interpretted to mean "day job". If you recommend someone, you have to say what role you know them from... and you can't select things from "volunteer experience".
- A temporary, inferior, work-around would be to recognise specific skills that people have, such as "wikis" or "training". It would be really cool if WMUK staff (and fellow volunteers) did that.
- Slightly bigger ask... could WMUK lobby (or whatever the right word is) Linkedin to enable people to make recommendations based on volunteer roles.
- Yaris678 (talk) 15:14, 28 April 2017 (BST)