Education Committee/Education Committee meeting 1 May 2014
Education Committee meeting May 1st 5pm[edit | edit source]
Will take place by telecon (please email for details if you'd like to join), at 5pm to finish by 6.30.
Meeting Chair Simon Knight
In Advance[edit | edit source]
These are resources it would be useful to see in advance, or which might simply be 'consent items' - items we don't need to discuss, but which acknowledgement of would be useful.
- EduWiki Serbia: (a) Serbia - blog post 1
- Virtual_Learning_Environment/Three-month_plan, next round of work - link to be added
- Education/Strategy/Detail has been updated, we may want to revisit this (but it is probably not for this meeting).
- Minutes of previous meeting
Actions from last meeting[edit | edit source]
- ACTION: all to post the suggestions to Toni (if it's UK-related). https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fringe/Future_of_Education_Hack/Planning is also a page to engage with.
- ACTION: SB to bring forward something concrete to next meeting about restarting the Digital Disruption work Doing...
- ACTION: Committee to collate feedback on the strategy on the mailing list for the 28th Feb deadline. Done
- ACTION: All members to look at the https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Measures_and_targets and the wiki Activity Plan https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/2014_Activity_Plan#University_and_Education_Outreach and others to see how the committee can support the plan.
- ACTION: a recurring item on the committee's agenda to be 'Planning' to look strategically at our work. see below
- ACTION: Stevie to write the tender to apply for the project, with Doug to support with delivery. Cancelled
- ACTION: committee members to update the training page.
- ACTION: Richard N to make the list of training materials prominent (could be linking Outreach wiki) - RN to liaise with Doug. Doug would also involve Martin in improving the documentation.
- ACTION: Toni to verbally update at the next meeting. see below
Agenda[edit | edit source]
- Apologies (Stevie, Charles, )
- Digital literacy, including Leicester City Council invitation to tender; Draft: Digital literacy strategy - note we will not be submitting a tender, but is a useful point of focus
- EduWiki Conference 2014
- Creation of bi-monthly(?) meeting templates with recurring items (including strategy, planning, and evaluation), reports to the board (template/structure, etc.)
- Update on WEF and WMF from SK
Minutes[edit | edit source]