GLAM Committee Minutes 2014-07-30

From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Wikimedia UK GLAM committee 30th July 2014 - 7:30-9:12 pm Development House, London

Minutes[edit | edit source]

GLAM Committee Minutes 20140530

Attendees[edit | edit source]

  • Jonathan Cardy - GLAM organiser Wikimedia UK
  • Edward Hands - Wikipedian
  • w:user:Ham
  • Ally Crockford
  • John Byrne

Apologies[edit | edit source]

  • Padmini Ray Murray
  • Chris McKenna
  • Joseph Seddon - WMUK Trustee
  • Robin Owain - Wiccipedian

Committee Membership[edit | edit source]

The committee considered that there was room for more members. Any suggestions to Edward.

GLAM Newsletter[edit | edit source]

Edward and John Byrne are adding info re editathons.

Wikimania GLAM track[edit | edit source]

Almost finalised.

Successor to Baglama or mass extract tool.

Mass updating tool request by Ally - JC to raise at Europeana meeting

Suggest an email to encourage people to sign up to the sessions they are going to attend so that any room changes can be done in advance.

Wikimania fringe[edit | edit source]

JC to talk to JB re adding his event to the fringe.

Edward has created articles on streets around the Barbican.

Free Culture Hack[edit | edit source]

Mass upload latest[edit | edit source]

JC explained that we have now beta tested the software and need to promote it to GLAMs via conferences etc.

All to suggest conferences worth exhibiting at.

AC raised a query as to whether the documentation had improved in recent months. AC to check.

Technology[edit | edit source]

Scanners: NHM have donated two which are now available for use by GLAM partners.

We need brochures and an application process to make things clearer for potential users.

WIR program[edit | edit source]

Was discussed.

JB declared an interest in the discussion as a potential applicant for future residencies.

JC mentioned that budget was available for other residencies if institutions were interested.

AOB[edit | edit source]

the GLAM booklet

JC mentioned that the GLAM booklet was printed and would be available at Wikimania, EH said he was impressed by it, AC to email JC with a request for copies on her return to Scotland.

Meeting finished at 9:12

Date of Next Meeting[edit | edit source]

7:30 PM 1st October 2014

external links[edit | edit source]