Programme Evaluation Assistant - maternity cover
|This vacancy is now closed. The page is kept as an archival reference. If you want to discuss a topic, please start a discussion on the community forum.|
About Wikimedia UK[edit | edit source]
Wikimedia UK is the national charity for the global Wikimedia movement. We work with the Wikimedia Projects such as Wikipedia to enable people and organisations to contribute to a shared understanding of the world through the democratic creation, distribution and consumption of knowledge. Wikimedia UK has a strong track record of delivery and works in partnership with organisations from the cultural and education sectors and beyond in order to unlock content, develop new ways of engaging with the public, remove barriers to knowledge and enable learners to benefit fully from the educational potential of the Wikimedia projects. Over the past year the small staff team and our large body of volunteers have worked with over 50 organisations including Bodleian Libraries, British Library, Cancer Research UK, Museums Galleries Scotland, The National Archives, National Library of Scotland, National Library of Wales, Royal Society of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh and Wellcome Library.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday, 22nd May 2017.
If you would like to ask any questions about this position, contact Daria Cybulska at daria.cybulskawikimedia.org.uk or 020 7065 0990.
Job Description[edit | edit source]
|Job Title:||Programme Evaluation Assistant (maternity cover)|
|Location:||Central London, office based|
|Line Manager:||Head of Programmes and Evaluation|
|Salary:||£23,000–£25,000 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience|
|Pension:||Wikimedia UK offers a pension scheme|
|Benefits:||25 days annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays|
|Purpose of job:||To provide administrative support for Wikimedia UK activities, with focus on its programmes and reporting.|
Main Duties[edit | edit source]
1. Office support
- To work with the Membership, Fundraising and Operations Assistant in acting as a first point of contact to persons approaching Wikimedia UK office via all channels. To efficiently and appropriately disseminate information on Wikimedia UK to enquiries.
2. Programme support
- To provide professional administrative support to the smooth operation of the programme of activities, including logistical support for events
- To play a key role in monitoring, evaluation and reporting; working with the Head of Programmes and Evaluation to ensure the timely collection and accurate reporting of both quantitative and qualitative data
- To support the Head of Programmes and Evaluation on any other aspects of programme development, delivery and evaluation To provide administrative support to the Chief Executive for programme-related activities, as required
- To support volunteers who collaborate with Wikimedia UK on programmes - particularly with regards to logistics and reporting
- Work to achieve individual and team outcomes, supporting other members of the team with their projects when necessary.
- Support inter-chapter collaboration in knowledge sharing.
- Any other such duties as may from time to time be assigned, including leading on projects.
- This is an outline job description and should not be regarded as an inflexible specification. Priorities may change along with service needs and new duties introduced after consultation with the post holder.
Experience[edit | edit source]
- Experience of programme reporting, including monitoring and evaluating based on provided data
- Experience of providing administrative and logistical support to the programme activities of an organisation
- Experience of communicating effectively, including writing skills
- Experience of working effectively within an office environment, using initiative and prioritising own workload
Skills and Abilities[edit | edit source]
- High level of accuracy with a thorough and methodical approach
- Excellent software skills, including word-processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Flexible approach, with the capability to be a team player
- Ability to work tactfully, sensitively and effectively
- Some appreciation and understanding of open knowledge and the work of Wikimedia UK
How to apply[edit | edit source]
To apply for this position please complete the application form (Open Office version here and Microsoft Word version here). CVs without a completed application form will not be accepted. Please send applications by email to email@example.com with Programme Evaluation Assistant in the subject line. All communications relating to this vacancy will be dealt with in confidence.
In your statement, please give details of why you feel you would be the best candidate for this post with reference to the person specification, drawing on your relevant experience and giving examples.
Deadline for applications: Midnight on Monday 22nd May. If you haven’t heard from us by Monday 24th May, unfortunately you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Background information[edit | edit source]
- Equal Opportunities: Wikimedia UK has a commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to our members and clients, and in the employment of people, and expects all employees and volunteers to understand and promote its policies in their own work.
- Fire, Health and Safety: Wikimedia UK is committed to a healthy and safe working environment and expects all its employees to consider and integrate health and safety in all work activities.
- Sustainable Development: Wikimedia UK is committed to the principles of sustainable development and all employees are expected, in so far as possible, to maintain work practices in line with the principles of sustainable development.
- Continuing Professional Development: Wikimedia UK is committed to the continuing professional development of all its staff and volunteers. Employees are expected to develop learning plans in conjunction with their line manager in order to undertake training or other career development opportunities that they feel would develop their work and the operation of the Charity.
- Data Protection: Wikimedia UK holds sensitive data on its members, volunteers, donors and those using its services. All employees are required to maintain an awareness of data protection responsibilities, and to execute all relevant duties with tact, discretion and due respect to confidentiality of clients, members and staff.