UK Wikimania bid criteria
Jump to navigation Jump to search
These are draft essential criteria and comments are invited:
- That there is a lead volunteer who will be able to devote six months plus to the organisation and delivery of a successful Wikimania bid .
- That we are certain that there are no commercial interests involved that are at odds with our values as a chapter.
- That some substantial partners have been identified as supporting the bid notably:
- Local authorities
- Major GLAM partners
- Major Educational institutions
- Financial sponsors who are compatible with the aims of the chapter.
- That substantial volunteer support is available during the organisational process and delivery of the Wikimania conferenvce.
- That the bid conforms with the Foundation's guidelines for what constitutes a successful Wikimania (e.g.has hotels, has transport etc)