User talk:CT Cooper
Wikipedia Science Conference[edit source]
Hello CT, You're receiving this update because you asked to be informed about the Wikipedia Science Conference taking place in London on 2nd and 3rd of September. Thanks for your interest.
The call for proposals is now public and session proposals are coming in. The two keynotes, and some other invited speakers, have graciously accepted. In mid-May we will bring together a programme, a publicity poster, and an online booking form. Then we'll begin the main publicity and will need your help getting the word out.
Please put in a session proposal if you've been thinking of doing so: the deadline is the 8th May. This is far from the only way to be involved. The conference will need session moderators, a programme review group, and other volunteers: if there is a specific role you are interested in, or if you have any other questions, please email me at m.l.poulterbristol.ac.uk.
There will be a large "unconference" session in the programme and - fingers crossed - a "hackathon" event two days later on the Saturday, so even if you do not have a proposal accepted, you will have a chance to shape the conference activities.
Hi, this is another update on the Wikipedia Science Conference taking place in London on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd of September.
- Booking has opened at just 29 pounds, including lunch on both days.
- Take a look at the (pretty much final) programme if you haven’t seen it yet. With 18 plenary speakers - three from overseas - as well as the large unconference section, there’s a lot going on, and the Royal Society of Chemistry is sponsoring a wine reception in the evening.
- We are also in the full swing of publicity. Emails have been, and are, going out to funders, scholarly societies, and university departments, but any additional promotion is appreciated. Please share a link, or tell colleagues in relevant fora. All publicity material for the conference is, of course, freely licenced for you to adapt.
- After the conference there will be two hackathons: one Cambridge on the Friday, the other hosted by Wikimedia UK in London on the Saturday. These are being led by Daniel Mietchen and Stefan Kasberger. Follow the link for more details.
- I haven't decided weather I'll attend, but thanks for the update. CT Cooper · talk 20:01, 6 July 2015 (BST)
Hi, I'm surprised that nobody from wikimedia has yet commented. Especially as there's now only 17 days before it begins and there needs to be approval before we can even begin organizing it properly and publicizing it. Can somebody provide some input?18.104.22.168 12:50, 11 February 2016 (GMT)
- I'm afraid I've suspended myself from the Evaluation Panel until further notice due to personal matters. There are other members of the panel and WMUK staff members actively commenting on proposals however. CT Cooper · talk 19:29, 11 February 2016 (GMT)