Wikimania 2014/Meeting 6

From Wikimedia UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Historical
This page is kept as an archival reference.
If you want to raise a point about it, please start a discussion thread on the community forum.
  • Where?: Mumble, server wikipediamumble.moonflare.com, channel wikimedia-uk-confcom
  • When?: 12 midday, Sunday 19th August 2012

Agenda[edit | edit source]

Attendance[edit | edit source]

  • EdSaperia
  • HJM
  • KTC
  • MrKev82
  • Tango

Apologies

  • AA (sent notes, see below)
  • JK (sent notes, see below)

Minutes[edit | edit source]

  • Ed to find out why mumble didn't work
    • I talked to the guy who runs the server, he said it wasn't having any problems, and it seems to be working now. Not sure why we had problems last week. Let's just try it again and see if it works this time. EdSaperia (talk) 09:38, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
  • Ed to schedule Jimmy meeting
    • Emailed, no response yet. EdSaperia (talk) 09:38, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
  • AA to touch base with Andrew Tibbett from London First about fundraising strategy.
    • AA emailed AT on Tue and Fri, hasn’t yet heard back. Will call Monday morning.
  • AA to chase up Catherine Bavage.
    • CB hasn’t responded to the original email (ES cc’d), AA emailed again on Fri – no response yet.
  • KM to do a site visit to The Barbican.
    • KM and ES are doing this today!
  • AA, JK, KL to confer on website design.
    • AA can do tonight and from Wednesday.
  • Ed to chase London First for MOU so we can submit our budget proposal before 8th sept (board meeting)
    • MOU received, we should edit at this meeting and get it returned. EdSaperia (talk) 09:38, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
    • London First's MOU: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23210718/London%20First%20MOU%201.0.doc
      • JK: What company are we going to do this under, WMUK?
      • JK: 3.2 is incorrect, its a 5 day (not 4) conference.
      • JK: NB 70K is exclusive of VAT.
      • JK: It mentions that a budget for the conferene is outlined in schedule 1 - this is not included.
      • JK: Does schedule 1 include stage design?
  • Clarification of position of wikimania bid committee: Conference Committee is a steering group of the Bid Committee which is a working group.
  • LF quote £70,000 to oversee the conference and the bid, 25% of which is to be paid before the bid is accepted.
    • Committee asked to find other quotes to see if this is competitive.
  • Is WMUK happy spending money on a bid?
    • Wikimania is a rapidly growing conference and the organisation around it must change to reflect this. Organising a large conference in somewhere like London is difficult, and the money you save and risk reduction associated with a PCO being involved from the start is worth the cost. Having PCO involvement also makes it easier to raise funds because it's more likely that the conference will be delivered without mishap.
  • Next meeting same time next week.

Actions[edit | edit source]

  • ACTION: Ed to collate corrections/clarifications to MOU and submit to LF to get updated quote.
  • ACTION: Ed(?) to find other quotes for PCOs
  • ACTION: Ed to review/summarise MOU for the Conference Committee meeting next week.
  • ACTION: AA, JK, KL to continue work on website.
  • ACTION: AA to call Andrew Tibbett about fundraising strategy.
  • ACTION: AA to call Catherine Bavage about fundraising strategy.